The NOHA has provided their recommended half-ice rules for Novice. See attached PDF for full rules.
See bellow for a highlight of team format and game play rules.
- 4 on 4 format plus a goaltender.
- Teams require two goaltenders, one for each half of the ice.
- Home team shall defend two ends of the rink to start game.
- Visiting teams shall defend the center ice nets to start game.
- Teams share respective players benches.
- A barrier at center ice will separate the games being played.
- No score is kept and no game sheets are necessary.
- There are no blue lines, therefore no off-sides.
- There are no red lines, therefore no icings.
- There will be one face-off location, located approximately halfway between the goals and two face-offs per game, one to start the game and one to start the second period.